Tuesday, August 5, 2008

running in Madras - FAIL

I have been in Madras for about 5 days now and have ran only once instead of the scheduled 3 times. And even that one run was painful. There is absolutely no proper place to run, in my limited knowledge. I did a loop near my house but it is so congested and uninspiring, am not sure if I can do it again. At first, I thought I would run along the shoreline, right next to the water. But due to the slums along the beach, this does not seem feasible. I still havent checked that option out properly. The only other options seems to be the Theosophical Society, which looks calm and serene from the outside, but am not sure how to get in. Lets see.

I thought running in Madras temperatures would be a lot harder(20-30 degrees warmer), but in the short run I did, that wasnt much of an issue. But dehydration is a definite issue. Lets see how tomorrow's run goes.

No comments: