Sunday, June 8, 2008

4 miles - saturday run

Time for the long run. Some days you feel good, comfortable and running seems a lot easier. Unfortunately, this was not one of mine. I felt sluggish, was breathing heavily and struggling for rhythm. Wonder how really long runs, like 14 miles will be on days like this...
Ran barefoot again, but was not as comfortable as the previous times. The thing is, I need to concentrate a lot when I run. Most people relax while running, zone out and do it sub-consciously. Again, unfortunately, I am not one of those. I need to concentrate on quite a few things. I need to focus on breathing through my nose, will write a post on why this is better. I need to concentrate on my path, make sure there are no pebbles, stones, glass etc as I am running barefoot. I also focus on my running form, trying to find out which works best, as I have never really ran properly before. It was just general haphazard, point A to point B type of a thing previously. With all these things, I am pretty occupied while running.
Like I said, I was lazy and sluggish on this run and didnt focus too much, banged my heel somewhere and could complete only 3.5 miles, and walked the last 0.5. One good thing so far about running barefoot has been the lack of blisters, which is pretty cool. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

No comments: