Friday, June 6, 2008

March 20ish, Hearing about Team Asha

What is this? Well, I am starting this blog during the last week of May, and now porting this to blogger from wordpress. and am trying to include dates about the previous things so that people have an idea about the timeframe etc.

A friend of mine was training with Team in Training and I was acting interested in the idea while I was actually thinking "Why would someone run 26.2 miles rather than lie in bed or in front of the tv... hmm, does not compute". The only exercise I have been getting recently had been playing Ultimate Frisbee and being outrun by people at least 15 years older than me. And in the end, that spurred me to improve my stamina and actually feel like a 25-yr old. While raising money for leukemia did not really resonate with me, when I heard about Asha's cause it did. Asha for Education is, from their website, a secular organization dedicated to change in India by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. Team Asha is a premier endurance sports program that trains people for half and full marathons with the motto Train. Run. Educate. To run hard and long is a pleasure unmatched. To run for a noble cause makes it even better. Train with us and help support educational initiatives for underprivileged children in India(again, from their website).

No comments: