Friday, June 6, 2008

Running barefoot

Another thing, I run barefoot. Yes, I did the gait analysis and got fitted for shoes. And I did run with those shoes and they felt better than other shoes I have run with. But I have always wondered about how I used to play barefoot all the time when I was a kid and it felt easy and good. And I was wondering if that applied here too, and I found that there was a whole school of thought that supports barefoot running. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS, I am merely stating what works for me. About 200 people run on the group runs, maybe more, and there is ONE guy besides me who runs barefoot. So, shoes work for almost everyone and will 99% work for you too.

Of course, I do not run on the actual trails barefoot as they are full of stones. I run on paved trails barefoot, and I will be running the marathon barefoot. But at Rancho, I use Nike Free. They are very thin and light shoes, pretty cool. Worth checking out.

No comments: