Friday, June 6, 2008

April 13, Asha info session

So, I went in for the information session to see what it was all about and who these crazy people were who were running all these distances. And hearing the people talk with so much passion, about running marathons, about educating kids, it got me more interested, and I signed up on a whim. The actual time to recommit would come a month later, but that seemed far away.

There were regular people all around the room, not much different than me. I mean, seriously, they did not look like they could run marathons. But these people were talking about the joys at the finish line and the sense of accomplishment they felt and it was really cool to hear all that. While I can sprint at a decent time, and I do play a decent game of Ultimate, I have never ever run more than 2 miles. EVER. And listening to these Asha runners, I genuinely thought I could.

No comments: